Noise From Roof Cavity – Is It A Possum Or Rat?
Identifying whether the noises coming from the roof are of rats or possums can be a tricky and daunting task. Both rodents can cause damage to your home, while possums can also be a nuisance. It is important to know the difference between the two to take the necessary action to protect your property and keep your family safe. Knowing the characteristics of the sounds they make, their size, and their behaviour can help you to determine whether the noises coming from the roof are of rats or possums. By understanding these key differences, you can take the appropriate action to prevent any potential damage and make sure that your family is safe. So, hire the best & affordable possum removal experts.
How To Identify If It’s A Possum
Identifying if the voices coming from your roof are of possums can be difficult as possums are nocturnal animals and make a variety of vocalizations. So, here are some tips to help you identify if the voices are of possums:
1. Listen for high-pitched, repetitive chattering, which is a common sound possum make. These chattering noises sound like ‘chee-chee’ or ‘tchup-tchup’.
2. Listen for loud screeching noises. Possums can make loud, guttural noises that sound like screaming or screeching.
3. Listen for bird-once chirping noises. Possums also make bird-like chirping noises, which sound like ‘peep-peep’ or ‘chick-chick’.
4. Look around the area for possums. If you see possums around your house, then it is likely that the noises coming from your roof are of possums.
5. Look for possum droppings. Possums leave behind droppings that look like dark, round pellets. If you find possum droppings around your house, then it is likely that the noises coming from your roof are of possums.
By following these tips, you should be able to determine if the voices coming from your roof are of possums.
How To Identify If Rats That Are Making Noises In The Roof
Identifying if the voices coming from the roof are of rats can be a difficult task. So, there are a few steps that can be taken to help identify if the noises are coming from rats.
1. Listen closely to the noise – Rats make a wide variety of sounds, from squeaking and chattering to thumping and running noises. If the noise is intermittent and high-pitched, it is likely to be a rat.
2. Inspect the area – Look around your roof for any signs of rats. Droppings, gnaw marks, and burrows are all signs of a rat infestation.
3. Check for rat activity at night – Rats are nocturnal animals, so it’s more likely that you’ll hear them at night. Wait until evening and listen closely for any noises coming from the roof.
4. Use a flashlight – Shine a flashlight into the area and look for any movement. Rats are easily startled, so they may run away as soon as they see the light.
5. Set up a live trap – If you suspect that rats are living on your roof, setting up a live trap can help confirm it. Place the trap in the area and check it periodically. If you find a rat in the trap, you’ll know that they are the source of the noise.
Identifying if the voices coming from the roof are of rats can be a difficult task. However, by taking the time to listen closely to the noise, inspecting the area, checking for rat activity at night, using a flashlight, and setting up a live trap, you can more easily identify if the noises are coming from rats.
Identifying if the voices coming from the roof are from rats or possums is an important step in determining the best course of action for removal and prevention. If the voices are from rats, you will likely need to consult a humane possum removal specialist to set traps and other extermination measures. If the voices are from possums, you may need to install exclusion barriers and hire a Humane Possum Removal Perth specialist to safely remove the possum from your home. So, to identify which it is, listen closely to the sound and determine if it is coming from above or below the ceiling.